Top Down reporting is the most versatile and powerful reporting tool in OASIS. You can create sets of reports filtered to your own style. The 17 basic reports allow you to filter by any number of items with the broad range of fields within OASIS. You can “Group by” or “Select” certain filters, add/remove “total” type items (ex. Commission, Overage, Last Year, etc), sorting and many more tools!
NOTE - Look at the help sheet called “Top Down Report Example” to try running one.
Go to the Reports application.
In the Top Down Reporting area you will find many different ways to report.
Here are some important things to remember using the Top Down Reporting tool
- Title – as with other reports in OASIS you can give the report you create a Name (Title), save it and re-run the report at a later date, every month, etc... These “saved” reports show in the list of reports in the Reports application on the left of the main screen
Report - There are various Report options/types to choose from. Click on the dropdown to select the style of report.
- The Update button refreshes the report or when clicked initially, creates the report. Each time you make a change in the report “filters”, you will need to click the “Update” button. This is very important.
- “Fields” section on the left contains all the various items you can filter (group or select by) the report by. These items can be dragged and dropped to the “Report Grouping” or “Selection” areas at the bottom of the screen OR to the “Row Headings” area (for certain styles of reports)
- “Filter Select Values” check box – when checked only reports what is selected. Example – if you were reporting by “Sales Account”, then it would only show the portion of the order that account gets credit for. If un-checked, then shows the value of the entire order
- Row Headings – report will be sorted by Manufacturers (default), Customers, etc. users can drag and drop items from the “Filters” area to the Row Headings to change the Row Heading.
- Other header Filter items
Drop down items (Ex. Year, Month)
Change the year, month or order or sort items
Check box items
Will show or not show on report
Sorted as needed
NOTE - You may filter the report by more than one “Field” item at a time.
“Group By” (bottom left of the window)
Any of the fields in the “Filter” area can be dragged and dropped into the Group By area. The Select Value window will appear allowing you to make selections. Select the category (drop down), the move selections from the Available side to the “Show” side, then click OK. Click Update to run the report.
IMPORTANT – “Group By” will give you one report per selection made, but print them all at the same time (each Group will be listed in the header area on the printed report)
“Selection” (bottom left of the window)
Any of the fields in the “Filter” area can be dragged and dropped into the “Selection” area. The Select Value window will appear allowing you to make selections. Select the category (drop down), the move selections from the Available side to the “Show” side, then click OK. Click Update to run the report.
IMPORTANT – “Selection” will give you a single report with all the “Selections” on the same report
Here are some of the various reports and results.
Month YTD Recap
- This report shows the current month to date, year to date, totals, and percentage of overall business compared to the same time last year.
- This report can be filtered by factory, customer or any number of items.
And you can view Sales, Earnings, Invoiced $$ or Paid $$
12 Month Recap
- This report gives you a 12 month (Jan-Dec) of Sales, Earnings, amount Invoiced, Paid dollars, Row headings total and Last Yr’s totals
- Other totals are percent % of All Business, total per month of all business, and grand totals.
- Quotes summarized by manufacturer, customer or any number of choices to filter and sub-filter
- Does not show individual transactions.
The tabs shown indicate the number of pages generated in the report
Month of Monthly
- This report shows the sales and commission for the current as compared to the same month a year ago.
- This report shows a summary of PO’s by month – it can be filtered by manufacturers and customers or any number of things
- You can view Sales $$, Commission, Overage, Year-to-date, Earnings and Count
- This report gives all the individual transactions within the timeframe specified.
- Can be filtered by any number of items including Customers, etc.
Order Entry Report
- This report focuses on the order entry process, including some statistical information.
- You can look at various views including the CSR to show amount of workload per order entry person.
- This report shows by Manufacturer - all orders that have not been fully paid.
- Does not show individual transactions that make up these totals.
- This report shows all individual PO’s that have not been fully paid (or closed)
Invoice Summary / Invoice Detail
- These two reports will show all invoiced PO’s within the timeframe selected
- The Invoice Detail report will show the individual transactions by the month
- Excellent way to track future income
- Month of Monthly Invoice – same as Month of Monthly above only using invoiced PO’s
- Payment Summary / Payment Detail – Same as Quote Detail & Summary, but show actual Payments applied to PO’s
OASIS defaults to the “Funnel Report”. The Funnel report allows you to look at the “Big” picture. It basically shows your conversion ratio. Quotes to Orders to Invoices to Paid Commissions.