WARNING: THIS OPERATION SHOULD NEVER BE PERFORMED AFTER AN OPERATIONAL OASIS DATABASE IS STARTED. LOSS OF DATA IS POSSIBLE IF THE DATABASE IS CREATED, OVERWRITING EXISTING DATA.
Start the ASA Configuration utility and select “New Service” under the “File” menu:
Almost all users should ONLY adjust the Database File location and make NO other changes. After contacting Ingen Software, the following are defined:
- Name – the name of the database.Most users should not change.
- Database File – location of the database file. Please select the drive letter with the most disc space.
- Create Database – Creates the database at the target location. If the database already exists, un-check to have the existing database start when the server is restarted (automatically).
- Create ODBC Data Sources – Creates Windows data sources used by OASIS. Most users should not change.
- Port – TCP/IP port used by the database. Most users should not change.
Press “OK” to create the database:
The window above shows a successful database creation. Errors will show in other cases (contact Ingen Software if you receive an error. Please keep the error on screen while contacting Ingen Software. The error information is essential to diagnosing the issue.) After pressing “OK”, you will receive another confirmation to show all steps were performed properly:
The main screen updates to show the new database: