Each territory or company can have different words for what they called things or stages of a job. OASIS is designed with the most common terms in mind. We hope that this Glossary of Terms will help our users on the OASIS terms that they maybe unfamiliar with. The design of this page is to allow you to either click on a letter below to jump to that group or use your browser's find feature (typically found in a tool or edit menu, also Ctrl+F) to find the word you are looking for.
- Active -
- For Quotes/Projects - By default, the a new quote/bid is active. If the quote/bid is won by another agency, lost or abandoned then you may want to mark the quote/bid status as in-active. This lets it remain in the system for reference or re-activation at a later date.
- Assigned To: - a salesperson assigned to a specific customer. When used, this person will also be added to a job
- Backup - routine to store a copy of your OASIS data to backup drive (needs to be verified)
- Bid Date - Bid date of the quote/bid
- Bid Name - Name of this bid if needed. Example – Budget Bid, VE-1, VE-2
- Bill of Material - List of items quoted or order (located on the Items Tab of OASIS)
- BOM - Bill Of Material
- BQTY - Base Quantity
- Code column - various uses from Subtotals, Overage, Lamps, Kit/Components, Options and more
- Commission Accounts - who (salesman) or what person or group gets credit for this job – can have multiple entries but must equal 100%
- Completion Date - Estimated Completion Date of the job.
- Connectivity - specialization programming pieces we use to connect OASIS to manufacturers, ERP systems, etc
- Contact - In OASIS, a contact is normally an individual working for a company. The idea is to track an individual as they move from customer to customer (or even manufacturer). This allows you to build a relationship with the individual, which transcends time.
- Control - A piece of software, which has a visual representation within a window. Often a control is associated with a label or an icon. Examples of controls (likely on this screen - if viewed electronically) are buttons, and menus.
- Customer - The entity in which items are sold to. Typically the Distributor Role for the Agent and Manufacturer versions and Contractor Role in the Distributor versions
- Customer Rank - Way of ranking customers/specifiers by "influence" they may have when added to a job. When a salesperson is attached to these customers, it can drive Sales Account credit
- Customer Role/Type - in Configuration - Architect, Engineer, Distributor, Contractor, Representative, etc - new ones can be added by an Admin user.
- Database - A software program designed to efficiently and reliably store and retrieve data. OASIS supports a number of different databases, each providing features best suited to a given situation. For example: a laptop database, a low cost database, and a high performance database supporting an office of 100 or more users.
- Description - Part description
- Draft Only - If checked, will show as a draft copy with a watermark and a “draft” instead of a quote number.
- Exp Date - Expiration Date of the quote/bid. Default is 30 Days but may be adjusted as needed or over-ride here.
- Extended Price - the price of one fixture multiplied by the quantity of the fixture; Will print extended prices if there are no Lot or Overage lines on the quote Bill of materials
- File Code - Free form area to associate a job with a paper job folder in storage. Example “Box 34”, when entered it is dated and tracked
- For ‘Spec Registration’ - Check here if the job is for Spec registration with the Mfg. This will allow you to print a Specification Registration form to send to the manufacturer. See the first print screen to select the Specification Registration print.
- Hide Description - If Checked will hide the Part Description
- Hide Manufacturer IDs - Will hide the Manufacturer ID
- Hide Part Numbers - Will hide the Part Numbers
- Int Note (column) - Used as a column in a quote - is related to this line only, but Internal, customer will not see.
- Int Note (Code Column) - Used in the Code column - user enters a Int Note in the Code column and appears there only - customer never sees
- Landscape - Will print in Landscape view
- Level 1, Level 2, Level 3 - columns used to manipulate pricing and quote customers (customer tab in a quote)
- Limit Manufacturers - By clicking the box, users can select certain manufacturers to show on the quote.
- Local Printer - Likely the most used option; this will direct the print to the Windows print window and allow you to select the printer or driver to print to.
- Location & State - Location of Job/Phase
- Manufacturer Breakout - Printing a breakout by Mfg. Each mfg on the quote has a separate page plus there will be a Summary page for all Mfgs.
- Manufacturer Request For Quote - Print a request for pricing to a manufacturer
- Microsoft Excel - An Output to option; Allows the document to output to Microsoft Excel spreadsheet
- MFG - Manufacturer
- No Parts - Will show no part / catalog numbers
- Non-transmitted - A new or change order that has not had a "live" or "non-draft" copy of the order printed/emailed/directly sent to the manufacturer.
- Note (Column) - line item specific note, will follow to the order
- Notes tab - place to enter notes that show on the Quote or Order print
- Notes Tab (External) - Remarks show above the BOM print, Notes show below the BOM print on a quote or order.
- Notes Tab (Internal) - notes that appear in the transaction only (or Office copy) not on a customer print NOTE - these internal notes will pop-up in a window when a user opens the transaction
- Office Copy - Office print with all pricing levels quoted to various customers
- Office Copy - Legal - Same as office copy with more detailed information
- OMTA (OASIS Manufacturer to Agent) - A proprietary OASIS XML file type used in communications to and from OASIS and a manufacturer's system
- Output to: - Location or send type that you want OASIS to send the transaction information to. You may print to a local print, print preview then print, output to a PDF file, Send Message (email as a PDF or Excel spreadsheet), or other options
- Owner - Name of the Owner of the Job/Phase
- Parent Company - Companies with multiple brands, the Parent is the "Main" brand name
- Part - Part or Catalog Number
- PDF File - Output to option; This option will create a “.pdf” file suitable to open with Adobe Reader, email. In the Submittals section there is an option to save the PDF copy of the submittal in the Attachments tab of the job
- Phase Name - Name of Job/Phase within the Project
- PO - Purchase Order
- Print Customer Copy - Print the copy format that is designed to be sent to the customer
- Print Preview - Allows you to see the document before printing. All print options are available.
- Quote 2nd Column - At times users may want to display another price column such as a distributor price and contractor price, this feature allows you to choose that price to see.
- Quoter - Person that is quoting the Job/Phase; By default if you are a quoter in OASIS, your name will be here. However, you can quote a job for another person at your agency.
- RA Date - Request For Approval – allows you to keep track of “request for approval” dates for each individual quote
- Search Tags - Custom fields available in various locations of OASIS that allow for customized searching and reporting features
- Sell Price - Price quoted or ordered for the customer
- Sell Commission - Commission amount or percentage for the Sell Price
- Send Fax - If you have an electronic fax solution, OASIS can usually integrate allowing the user to send a fax directly from the system. Using this option OASIS stores a copy of the fax sent in the attachment tab of the job or order.
- Send Message - This option is the latest and most flexible. We are avidly encouraging users try it. Along with being able to preview the document, you also pick and choose who to send it to, fax it to, send a mass email to all with the assurance that the proper document will be sent to the correct person or company.
- Show Bid Name - If checked, will show the Bid Name as a part of the Project/Job Name on the Printed quote
- Show Component Prices - Check this if you want the Kit/Assembly or Lamp/Acc prices to be broken out and shown on the quote. Un-checked will list the Kit parts or lamps but will include the price into the price of the fixture showing “included” in the Unit Price column
- Show Grand Total (Lot Net) - If checked, will show a Grand Total including Lots and all Subtotals
- Show Kit parts and lamps - Check this if you want the parts to a Kit/Assembly or Lamp/Acc line to show on the quote. If un-checked it will roll the prices into the price of the fixture
- Show lamp takeoff separate from fixtures - Checking this box will group all lamps at the bottom of the quote and group the like lamps together on one line.
- Show Lot lines - By default OASIS will hide lot lines and only show a grand total. Checking this box will cause the Lot lines to appear on the quote print.
- Show Manufacturer Terms - If checked, will show the Manufacturer Terms if entered in the Terms tab under the Manufacturer Editor. Users can select which manufacturer’s terms to print by clicking the Limit Manufacturers button and selecting the manufacturers as needed. See explanation below
- Show on Bid Board - Check if you want this job to show on the Bid Board You can also create a Bid Board view or report of all jobs bidding as well. Bid Board can also appear on the Home screen to remind your of jobs bidding.
- Show Subtotals and Options - If checked, will show all Subtotals and Option groups
- Show Totals - Show manufacturer freight allowances
- Specification Registration - If you have checked the “For Specification Registration” box on the General tab on the Phase/Job, then the option to print a Specification Registration will show here.
- Specified Project - A project that you are receiving specification credit; Check this box if your agency brought the business to the distributor. OASIS will track & report on these jobs (Optional)
- Start Date - Estimated Start Date of the job.
- Status -
- For Quotes/Projects - By default the status of the bid will change as it moves through the process. Status is configurable and can be changed to suit your specific process. OASIS allows you to have as many bids on a job as needed, but only one may be active at a time. This will be clearly indicated – the Active bid will have a green tab, all others will have a red tabs.
- Suppress zero quantity rows - Checking this will cause any rows on the quote with a zero “0” quantity to NOT show on the quote
- Target Date - Schedule date for the Order Line
- Type - Part Type; Typically a short code identifying the location or marking to be used for the fixture/part
- Unit Price - Will print unit prices if there are no Lot or Overage lines on the quote Bill of materials
- UQ - Unit Quantity - pricing is per unit quantity: e.g. $10 per thousand where 500 units would equal $5 extended. The field has the following options: "E" for each, "C" for pricing per 100, "M" for pricing per thousand.
- Valuation - Dollar value of the job – just a figure to sort by – is not associated with the $$ on the quote. Could say this is a $10,000 job yet by the time the job is won it could be $9,700. But to your group this is a $10,000 job – allows reporting
- Winning Agency - This feature can be used to track your competition. You can enter your competition in OASIS and if they were to get the job and not you group, then you can select them as the winner and because you are tracking specifiers, distributors and contractors you can create some powerful reports.
#.? - Other/Symbol
- %Overage - column denoting your take of the overage split
- % Specified - Percent of the job your products were specified on.
- % Approved - Percent of the job your BOM was approved