Note: This document is for the original calendar implementation. This has been deprecated.
The addition of the calendar feature in OASIS was to give users the ability to see company activity based on the creation of transactions, reminders, bidding jobs, etc in a calendar view. If the user has rights they can view the company wide calendar as well as their personal calendar. The user can print the calendar or an agency can print the company wide calendar to post. Some groups even display the calendar on a monitor in the office.
Click on the Calendar section.
The default view is 30 day current month, and for the logged in user. You will see the users name in the “View” area at the top of the screen. Included also are reminders, quotes and orders.
You can deselect quotes and/or orders from the calendar view.
Quick links (blue underlined items) are also available to move you directly to the item.
Users may turn off and on the ability to show quotes and orders on the calendar.
User can switch between any month of any year by to toggling the drop down or up/down arrow keys at the top of the screen.
Users can also switch to the company wide view by clicking the drop down in the View area at the top and select the company workgroup abbreviation. This gives the user a view of all items created by any user across the month.
- Job Bidding – user quotes a job with a bid date in the next month. User checks “Show on Bid Board”. When the user switched to the next month in the view, the job will be listed on its bid date. The calendar view for the next month will show an entry for this job bidding.
- Agency wants to print the “company” calendar for each employee or post in the office.
- There are other uses as well and users have given us feedback for items to include in future releases. We will expand this section as it benefits the majority of our users.
Under File and New, there is the option to create a new Event (explained below), Reminder, Quote and Order.
- Reminder works the same as Reminders in other areas
- Quotes and Orders can be started from this screen as well
OASIS can also schedule events/meetings for certain persons or the entire agency. This is done through the Event tool.
In the Calendar, go to File, then New, then New Event.
In the Event window:
- Title the event (example – Annual Sales Meeting)
- Select the starting date and time and ending date and time for the event by typing in or using the calendar (shown below)
- Type any notes associated with the event on the large text area.
- Next, click the “People” tab
- Select the people to who need to attend this event. The event will show on their calendar and they will receive a reminder.
- Click the calendar button in the Calendar column to view the users calendar.
Next, if needed, click the Resources tab
- Add any resources such as samples, calendar or other resources needed. Create Resource below.
To create a new resource:
- Go to File, then Resources
- To add a new Resource, click the “Add” line button on the toolbar.
- Enter the name of the resource
- Kind – could be a Room, Factory, etc. These options are configurable; you can create your own as needed.
- Exclusive – is this resource exclusive to this event?
- Message area – type any resource related messages
- To add a “Kind”
- Go to File, then Configure
- New Resource Kinds may be created by adding a line and entering an ID and Name
- Hit OK
NOTE – Attachments are the same as other sections
Next, hit Save and Close
Attendees will be able to view the event on the calendar in the month scheduled. It will also show on the Company wide calendar as well (example below).
Multiple events may be created at any time.
As stated above the company calendar can be printed along with any particular day view.
- Highlight any day
- Go to File and select “Print Today
- All the events, transactions, etc will be printed for the day selected
- Select the month on the Calendar
- Go to File, then Print
Plans for the calendar include greater functionality and more user friendliness. We have received feedback from users like you and will add new features as it relates to the majority of users.