This document will walk you through how to set up a customer for resell. In OASIS, all customers must be set up for resell in order to use the resell tools.
Setting up customers
- Go to the Customers section of OASIS. In the list, double-click on a customer who you will resell to.
- Go to the Terms tab
- Check the Resell OK box
- NOTE: If the customer is taxable, you must have at least one tax account set up to proceed. If you have none, follow this link: Tax Accounts
- The steps below will cover both taxable and non-taxable
- In the Tax Status drop down, select “Taxable”.
- In the Account column begin typing the name of the tax account, then select the account.
- The “% of Sale” percentage will appear. If freight is to taxed it will in the Tax Freight column Y=Yes, N=No.
- For multiple taxes, repeat the steps above. (shown below)
- In the Tax Status drop down, select “Exempt”.
- In the Account column, begin typing the name of a tax account, then select the account.
- In the “Exempt Lic” column, type in the tax exemption number or alternatively type the word “Exempt”.
- Note: (Tax Accounts 1 only) If you do not enter anything, a window will popup and ask if you want to include (scan) a copy of the customer tax exempt paper.
- Then click OK
- Tax Accounts 1 only)A window may pop up and ask if you want to include (scan) a copy of the Customer tax exempt paper/certificate if available – Just Cancel/OK if not needed.
- If you do have a copy of the customers tax certificate, you can attach an electronic copy by simply dragging and dropping the file into the Attachments tab of the Customer entry. If you have only a paper copy, you can scan it, then attach it.
Invoice Terms Text
Use the Invoice Terms tab (on the right) to add standard notes to any outbound invoice to this customer