This document identifies how to optimize OASIS database connections by setting compression and optimizing buffering for low-bandwidth connections.
NOTE: This article assumes OASIS is configured to use the ASAODBC driver. See the driver article for details.
- Navigate to the Windows control panel.
- Type "ODBC"
- Select "ODBC data sources, 32 or 64 bit
- Go to the "System DSN" tab
Make sure you select "OASIS" to be able to configure.
- Select "Network" tab
- Key "16000" for the buffer size (may adjust to 8000 on systems with limited memory). Also, check “Compress network packets”.
- In many cases, you must include the IP address of the server the PC is to connect to remotely. This is done by typing “HOST=address” in the blank after “TCP/IP”:
- Next, select “Advanced” and type the following in the “Additional parameters” section:
Press “OK” to save the changes and try OASIS.
Please note that OASIS GUI design goals favor features over remote performance.