Design Goals: Performance! And sales history. The design goal is to provide principles and outside sales staff with sales history within seconds. With a few mouse clicks, the report may be filtered, providing the user with amazing details. It is also the only report in OASIS that has bar graphs on the very last page of the report.
Prerequisites: All information presented requires orders in the system. Invoice and Paid values (see below) require invoices and payments to be recorded in OASIS.
Report Builder: My Order Summary Reports uses a report builder to define a number of similar reports. Once the report settings are determined, they may be saved and recalled at any time.
Update – Click after changing the other report controls (below) to update the report.
Reset – Reset the report controls to their initial state.
Save Report – Save report setting to be run again later.
Print and Output To – Print or save report as a Windows document.
Title – Name to show on the report.
Show Transactions and “by” – Display the related transactions (orders).
Source – Source of order transactions:
- Bookings (R/P/H) – Released, partial, and hold orders
- Bookings (R/P) – Released and Partial orders
- Bookings (Released) – Released orders
- Cancelled Orders
- Hold Orders
- Resell Orders
- All Orders (entered in OASIS)
- Non Transmitted (Orders)
Values – Only one set of values are allowed on the report at once:
- Booked – sales dollars
- Earnings – Commission, overage and markup added together
- Commission – straight commission only (Rep only)
- Overage – overage only (Rep only)
- Profit – markup only (Rep only)
- Count – number of transactions
- Invoice – Invoiced sales amount
- Paid – amount paid on the transactions.
- Paid Margin – Resell is pay-as-you-go margin only
Show Decimals – Show or hide decimal places.
Rows – values to show as row headings.
Columns – values to show as column headings.
Available values include:
- Customer (distributor, contractor or other end-user on PO)
- Parent Manufacturer – use parent values to aggregate brands
- Parent Customer – use parent values to aggregate customer branches
- Manufacturer RS - same as Manufacturer (above) but split out cost and profit
- Account – sales person commission account.
- Quoter – user listed as quoter on the PO
- CSR – user listed as CSR on the PO
- Order Type – order type (Project and Stock)
- Day – Entry day of month
- Month – Entry month
- Year – Entry year
- Workgroup – Create workgroup.
- Part Category – part number category.
After pressing “update”, the report will display a number of values in blue. Clicking on one of these values will add the value a set of filter values. The filter values are show next to the row or column name the value is associated with. (Clicking on a manufacturer name will add the manufacturer as a filter value.)
Pressing update will rerun the report, filtering using all selected filter values.
Before or after selecting filter values, the rows or column values may be changed. Combining these actions allows the user to “dice and slice” the information. For example: one can list all customers purchasing a given brand of material by performing the following steps:
- Open My Order Summary Reports
- Press “Update”
- Click on the name of a manufacturer (the name will appear beside “manufacturers” at the top of the window).
- Click on “Manufacturer” beside “Rows:” and select “Customers”.
- Press “Update”.
Manufacturer / Manufacturer RS
There are at least two different uses when reporting by factory: a conversation with the factory, or a conversation with the customer. Consider an order with a material cost of $100 and a sell price of $250:
The "Manufacturer" field on MOSR is used to show the total sell price of the order by factory:
The above view is great when talking with a customer about the sales by factory or to simply see what a customer is buying.
When using the "Manufacturer RS" field, a new line appears with the profit. The name of the company is the resell entry configured for OASIS:
The above view is great when talking with a factory about purchases you have made (sales to them) - but don't forget to filter out the resell company entry.
With other OASIS reports, the report must be defined, saved and security must be granted to the report for a user to run – WITHOUT ALLOWING THE USER TO EDIT THE REPORT PARAMETERS! This is because the other reports are not coded with sales person specific security (a concept that varies between companies).
With My Order Summary Reports, an order is considered “coded to the salesperson” if they appear in the sales accounts at the bottom right of the order:
If the user has full access to reports – the order shows at full value – whether or not they are coded on the order (OK, unless an account filter is added to the report).
Here is the trick: remove “view all” access from the user’s reports application in OASIS:
With this security setting, the order value will only show for the percentage allocated to the user. Consider the following when logged in as the user “Demo” and only one order in the system for $10,000 at 10% commission:
No credit given to “DEMO”:
The report (nothing shown):