After the first release of inventory we began gathering feedback from users. What we found was that most groups needed an simple inventory system for tracking anchor bolts, lamps, resell items, buy-backs and more. Some users had consigned inventory, some resell items and a few had both. For most what was needed was a simple inventory feature to keep track of a relatively small number of items usually stored on-site, in a small room or warehouse down the hall or a small rented storage area. Users needed the following features:
• Maintain consigned and/or resell items
• Receive and manage items into the stock closet quickly and easily
• Add received items into a price list
• Use price list to confirm accurate entry of items into the closet/warehouse
• Use commissioned orders to sell items from consigned inventory
• Use resell orders to sell items from resell inventory (letting you know the item is there)
• Produce reports showing current inventory; warehouse activity; profit and loss; and reports for the factory.
Here’s how it works
Basic Inventory can support one warehouse; containing either/both consigned and resell items. Consigned type items can be sold through commissioned orders and resell type items through resell orders. Items are entered through receipts that are linked to the price lists. Items not already included in the manufacturer price lists can be added through the receipt process. Reports can easily help users manage the warehouse by giving an accurate account of items in the warehouse; the activity of items stocked in the warehouse; the profit or loss for the agency and reports for the factory.