Getting Started: Fast-Track
Here are the steps:
- Secure a copy of the price list in a format readable by a spreadsheet program (e.g. Microsoft’s Excel).
- Create a new price list in OASIS.
- Make the price columns in OASIS and the spreadsheet match
- Copy data from the spreadsheet and paste into OASIS
- Save the price list in OASIS and make the “active” price list.
Secure a copy of the price list in a format readable by a spreadsheet program
Most manufacturers provide pricing in some tabular format. When asking for a price sheet from the manufacturer, use any of the following technology “buzz words” (other options are discussed below):
- “Excel format” or “.xls” (referring to Microsoft’s Excel)
- “Comma separated format” or “CSV format” or “.csv” (readable by most spreadsheet programs)
For our example, assume the following price list (as shown in Microsoft’s Excel):
Create a new price list in OASIS
- Open OASIS and select “Manufacturers” and then “Parts”.
- Double click on the manufacturer you wish to create the parts list for:
- Select “File” then “New”.
Provide a name for the new price list and add related information:
(NOTE: Comm - commission - columns only appear in the rep version of OASIS. In both versions, a cost column is also available.)
Make the price columns in OASIS and the spreadsheet match
Many manufacturers provide a price column for each commission level authorized for the agency. OASIS will require a price and commission pair for each price provided by the manufacturer. In this example, you will need to add a column to hold the commissions for both price levels.
Also note that all formatting is removed as well as group headings. This ensures formatting characters are not misinterpreted by OASIS.
Switch back to the OASIS price list and open the “preferences” menu item under “File”. Select the same fields that are supplied by the manufacturer:
Copy data from the spreadsheet and paste into OASIS
Switch back to the spreadsheet and select all the data in the sheet:
Using the “Edit” and “copy” menu item (or the <CTRL> and “C” key combination), copy the data.Return to the OASIS price lists and select the top left cell of the sheet. Then select “Edit” and “paste” menu item (or the <CTRL> and “V” key combination), paste the data:
Press “Ok” to save the price sheet in OASIS.
Save the price list in OASIS and make the “active” price list.
By default, OASIS does not make the last saved price list “active”. Instead, the price list is saved until the date that it is “active”. To activate the new price list,
- Select “Manufacturers” and then double-click on the manufacturer
- Click on the “Terms” tab for the manufacturer then select "Price Lists" at the right
- Select the price list to make active
- Press “Ok” to save changes