Several applications within OASIS allow the use of “Clipboard” notes. These Clipboard notes allow you to store commonly used notes that you do not want type every time they are needed. The Clipboard stores these notes and allows you to select one or more set of notes to drop into the document speeding up the process of creating transctions. Below is a list of places in OASIS to find and use Clipboard notes plus how to use them:
- In the Bill of Material there is a Note column – these are line item specific notes and will show immediately below the Part Number/Description on printed quote.
- Notes tab – any notes here will show below the Bill of Material in the printed quote.
- In the Bill of Material there is a Note column – these are line item specific notes and will show immediately below the Part Number/Description on printed order.
- Notes tab – any notes here will show below the Bill of Material in the printed order
There are several other places within OASIS where clipboard notes are available, the same rules apply.
NOTE - Where ever the Clipboard note is created it only applies to that part of OASIS. Example – a Clipboard note created for the line item note section in a quote only applies or we be available to that section.
How to use
Click on the “clipboard” icon.
The Clipboard viewer window appears. (initially yours will be blank)
Enter a brief message in the top text box (Subject area) identifying the message (this short message will appear as an item in the drop down list so keep as short as possible, yet still identifiable)
Then enter the “exact” message you want to appear on the transaction in the large text box (shown below)
By default “User” is checked, making the note available for ONLY the current user to use.
By un-checking the “User” box, the note will be available for everyone to use.
Then click the add new item button on the toolbar
The clipboard note should appear on the list on the right. It defaults as a note for this user only. “User” appears beside – again it means for this user only.
To set the clipboard note for all users:
- Uncheck the User box, then hit OK.
- All users in this workgroup will have access to this clipboard note.
To remove items from the drop down list:
- Highlight the item (right) that appears on the drop down list
- Hit the trash can.
Create a Clipboard Note in the Notes area of an Order
Printed Document would show here: