The original "my order summary reports" (MOSR) became a quick way to monitor order bookings in OASIS years ago. The technology allows the report to run quickly - even over large data sets. This update overcomes a number of the report limitations and prepares the report for OASIS O4.
The screen is divided into the following sections:
- Selection Area
- Data Area
The following menus are specific to MOSR2. Other menus may appear as part of the help and other OASIS systems.
- Save - save the MOSR2 settings as a new report to the reports application in OASIS
- Create Tile - create a tile and show in one or more OASIS applications
- Print - Print the report
The selection area has the following controls:
- Update - re-run the report using the current settings
- Source - source of the data shown (more details below)
- Orders - All transmitted an non-canceled orders
- Hold Orders - Hold orders only (partial orders will only show the amount on hold)
- Released Orders - Release orders only (partial orders will only show the amount released)
- Canceled Orders - The portion of the order that has been canceled
- Net Orders - The amount change of each order during the timeframe
- Net Hold Orders - The amount change of hold orders during the timeframe
- Net Released Orders - The amount change releases during the timeframe
- Rows - the vertical values for the report (e.g. customers or manufacturers) **
- Columns - the horizontal values for the report (e.g. Month, Year, customers, CSR) **
- Selection - Use the standard order "Find" to limit what is shown on the report
- Filter - click on a row or column header to limit what is show on the report, retaining any implied partial values (e.g. a split between sale accounts on the order)
- Year - MOSR can filter by calendar year, the last 3 years (including the current year), or the last 5 years (including the current year) based on the entry date of the order. The "All" selection may be used in combination with the selection to produce a report matching the fiscal or other calendar periods.
- Chart - Select between different chart types (like pie, bar, etc)
- Show Values - click on the "Show Values" text to adjust the following calculated values:
- Sales - the value bill to the end customer
- Earnings - the total earnings
- Profit - resell profit only
- Landed - The "cost" after exchange and landing fees
- MFG Sell - the amount billed by the manufacturer (e.g. before import)
- Overage - the amount of overage added to net and billed by the manufacturer (Mfg and Rep versions only)
- Overage Split - the amount of overage earned by the representative (Mfg and Rep versions only)
- Net - the "distributor net" value - before overage is added
- Commission - The commission earned by the representative (Mfg and Rep versions only)
- Cost - The cost to purchase material and build the item (Mfg version only)
- TerritorySales - the representative's credit for a multi territory or "spec" order (Rep version only)
- TerritoryEarnings - the representative's credit for a multi territory or "spec" order (Rep version only)
- TerritoryOverageSplit - the representative's credit for a multi territory or "spec" order (Rep version only)
- TerritoryNet - the representative's credit for a multi territory or "spec" order (Rep version only)
- TerritoryCommission - the representative's credit for a multi territory or "spec" order (Rep version only)
** MOSR field list is limited to the following fields:
- Customer - end customer listed on the order
- Manufacturer - manufacturer listed at the line level on the order
- Parent Customer - The "top" level customer related to the order
- Parent Manufacturer - The "top" level manufacturer related to the line level on the order
- Order Status - The current order status (e.g. invoiced)
- Order Type - The current order type (e.g. project, stock)
- Quoter - The quoter listed on the order
- CSR - The CSR listed on the order
- Workgroup - the workgroup listed on the order
- Month - the entry year-month
- Year - the entry year
- Day - the entry year-month-day
The data area is a table with the rows and columns selected in the selection area. The data area is created and refreshed ONLY when the Update button is pressed.
Each cell is divided vertically and lists the value selected in "Show Values" from the selection area. The more values selected, the longer the report.
Clicking on a row or a column header will add the value in that header tot he "Filter" in the selection area. This allows the report to be updated with the selected filter(s). NOTE: the term "filter" in OASIS implies that the related transaction values could be adjusted by the filter. A good example is a 50/50 split by sales account. Selecting one of the sales accounts will result in the transaction only showing 50% of the shown transaction values.
Clicking on a cell will show the transactions related to that cell in the "Show Transactions" window.
Show Transactions Window
The show transactions window shows the transactions for a selected cell. Currently, the transaction values that are shown are the transaction values and not filtered by the filter in the selection area.
Clicking on any of the transactions will open the related order in the standard OASIS order editor.
The chart area shows any selected charts:
- Pie - a pie chart is created for each of the selected values
- Vertical Bar - a bar chart is created for the rows in the data area. A bar is created for each of the selected "show values"
- Horizontal Bar - a bar chart is created for the columns in the data area. A bar is created for each of the selected "show values". If the column is year, month or day, then a trend line will also be plotted.