Availability or Stock Status allows a user to see what is available to ship. This should only be items not already promised to others.
NOTE: oasis.xml data typically is static and not dynamic. This method could result in users seeing stale information. Please let users know how often the data is refreshed.
How Does it Work?
The oasis.xml defines the contents of a simple spread sheet containing the available items in inventory. When an OASIS user activates the "stock status" screen, the file is read for the selected item. Although nothing is cached in the OASIS client, one should be concerned about keeping the spreadsheet up-to-date.
- csv - text file with comma field separators and newline as the end of lines (ok to mix CR/LF)
- xls - Older Microsoft Excel format
- xlsx - New Microsoft Excel format
file_name - name of the file containing availability information. Typically stored in the same folder as the oasis.xml.
column_name - the first row of the file should be column names and not product. This allows one to use the names as column headers in the oasis.xml and is easier to manage the data - especially if there are more than just availability information in the file.
- partnumber - this should be the catalog number as the rep would use
- available - this should be the number of items in the warehouse and not already promised