Why enter shipping status?
- Record MFG Sales order numbers
- Identify what has been acknowledged/scheduled by the manufacturer – by line item.
- Identify what has been shipped – by line item. Optionally recording the “ship from” warehouse, freight type, carrier and PRO numbers.
- Produce project and order status reports showing shipping status by line.
- Drive the OASIS web status website.
The agency must decide when shipping status is collected on orders. Only when shipping status is collected for all orders is it possible to fully utilize the OASIS web status product.
Here are the options
|Status collected for||OASIS features available|
|MFG Sales order number only||
|All shipping information for given orders||
|All shipping information for given projects||
View SO number on order
|All shipping information for all orders||
View SO number on order
Shipments Configuration Screen
The following information is collected from the Orders application. Select “File” then “Configuration”.
- Carriers – a list of common carrier codes (normally SCAC codes created by the freight association). Also contains information used by OASIS web status allowing your customers to link to freight company’s websites.
- Freight Types – a list of freight types.
The default OASIS database has a limited number of entries for each. Contact Ingen Software for a more complete set or key (maintain) the information yourself.
Configure the following for each manufacturer:
- From the “Terms Tab” in the manufacturer editor select the “Freight/Shipping” tab, key the Project and Stock lead times in number of days.
- This information is used to calculate estimated ship dates in the PO editor. Estimated dates are used on order and project status reports (including the web).
- From the “Warehouses Tab” in the manufacturer, select the Manufacturer’s tab and key the warehouse code typically used by the manufacturer and related information.
- Additionally, an “Estimated Ship Time” may be added to estimate an “Estimated Onsite Date”.
From the “Software” application in the “Configuration” folder, select “Settings” to configure the following:
- From the “Orders Tab”, set the number of days before an order is deemed “unacknowledged”. This information is used to populate the “Unacknowledged View” in the orders application.
- From the “Orders Tab”, set the number of days before an order is deemed “unscheduled”. This information is used to populate the “Unscheduled View” in the orders application search bar.
- From the “Orders Tab”, set the number of days you allow before asking the CSR to check on shipping status for each order.
- From the “Shipments Tab”, decide whether or not the CSR should be warned (via an OASIS reminder) when a shipment is late.
- Most agencies collecting all information for order status, skip simple acknowledgements. Check “No acknowledgements” if this is the case.
- From the “Shipments Tab”, set whether or not shipping data must match the configuration data (e.g. can an unknown carrier code be entered).
The Ad-Hoc Process
Use the ad-hoc process to collect shipping status on just a few orders or as information is “discovered” about an order (e.g. the CSR needs to review the order on manufacturer’s website for another reason).
- Find the PO in the OASIS orders application.
- Open the PO and go to the Items tab to enter shipping information.
Shipping information for a single line
Select individual lines for shipping clicking on the “Add Shipping” link for the line you wish to add shipping for. Please note that each order line has an estimated ship date that can be manually entered or OASIS can enter this information from the Manufacturer entry Click here for per manufacturer setup.
Oasis will add a line immediately beneath the ordered line for the user to input shipping information.
|SO Order#||Also known as the Sales order number|
|Date||Date of the Acknowledgement, Schedule or Actual shipment.|
|LOC||The ship from location or warehouse|
|SCAC||Normally the SCAC code, but may be a code commonly used by the manufacturer.|
|Track||PRO#. May also be a tracking number|
|Transit||Average number of days from the warehouse to the local market.|
ADDING SHIPPING INFORMATION FOR MULTIPLE LINES
1. You can add shipment information to all ordered lines by choosing the “Select Order Lines” or “Select Shipment Lines” option from the Order menu (If you do not see the Order menu select the button at the top of the screen. )
This will check all of the lines for addition of shipment information. See below. A user may then choose to change estimated dates, Acknowledge the lines, schedule the lines for shipment or ship the lines.
a. Estimated Dates: Add estimated onsite dates. These will appear on shipping reports.
a. Acknowledge—Add by selecting Acknowledge from the order menu and type in the SO number.
b. Schedule- Choose “Schedule” and add the Manufacturer’s scheduled date and warehouse location in the pop up box.
a. Shipping information—Choose “Ship” and add the carrier and PRO information received from the manufacturer.
Once shipping information is applied to the order, brown “shipment” lines will be added to the order. Please note that the shipment lines are editable (just type on the line)
The Formal Process
Implementing this process will ensure shipping information is collected on all orders. (A side benefit is that all orders are reviewed after the manufacturer has the order. The result is the ability to catch problems before they become severe.)
- Define the number of days for the CSR to gather shipping status on the orders.
- Create the PO, and allow OASIS to create a reminder for the CSR to later gather shipping status for the order.
- Use the “Unscheduled” view to review the process, looking for orders that have been missed:
- When an order appears on the CSR’s home page (under reminders), click on the PO and apply shipping status as described above.
Order Status is available from orders application:
An order status report shows all information available on that order and was created so that it might be sent to a customer.
Project status is available from the projects application and shows all fixtures on the project – regardless of brand. As the project goes through the different stages of the sales process, the Project will visually reflect the status of each line of the quote by changing the color of the type and part number columns. They will turn brown once they are shipped and light yellow once they are invoiced. To print a copy of the Project Status report, go to the reports menu of the project and select “Project Status”
The report will show the shipping information for each line of the project.
Web status is essentially the project and order status reports “dressed up” for the web. One nifty feature is the ability to view PRO numbers from the carrier’s website any time the PRO number is clicked on from OASIS web status: