Note: This document has been marked for deprecation/deletion. Its content will be rolled into new, more up to date documentation.
Projects2 is the future of OASIS and will replace our current Projects application. It streamlines the application and makes it easier for us to add custom features for manufacturer connectivity. In addition, we updated the look and feel as well as added some new features.
Basic Look and Feel changes
There are various small changes in the way that the project will look including:
The general tab has been updated to be more readable.
· “Winning Agency” tag changed to “Won By”
· Specifier entries allow users to clearly see the full name of the business and the contact
· Quickly and easily send message the contact by clicking on the link.
Follow Ups Tab
· The follow-ups tab has been split into 2 tabs to provide more room for the notes
o The general project notes have been moved to the By Date tab.
o The customer notes tab has been renamed “Customer Tips”
o The Customer Tips tab has been updated to a link based user interface.
o Notes added to the “Customer Tips” tab can also be viewed from the new contacts conversation and history features.
- Scale the size of the font in projects by using the zoom bar at the bottom of the screen
We have added a new search bar in projects
- quickly access the manufacturer website and terms
- See crossover and part history
- View Specification pages for a part by highlighting the part and clicking on the create specification link.
- Utilize our new history features to use the valuable history data already in your system.
§ Kit/Lamp history- OASIS uses data from your quote history to identify the lamp you used previously with the kit. A window will show the different kit combinations. Selecting the item will essentially key the lamp catalog number into your quote and then price the lamp using your current price list.
§ Type history- OASIS uses data from your quote history to analyze other quotes with the same specifiers (e.g. Architect / Engineer) to build a list of catalog numbers (and complete kits) used with the same fixture type on the selected line. Clicking on the item will pull the catalog numbers into OASIS where the system will price the items with the current price list.
Items tab (previously called Detail)
· Users now have the ability to go into their preferences and configure the enter key on their keyboard to move the cursor in the way they would like to see it on screen choices including:
o Move Right
o Move Down
o Select BQTY column
o Select Type column
o Select Manufacturer column
o Select Part column
o Select Code column
· Users can now “Freeze” the columns of your choice and have them continue to show as you move through the other fields of the part line.
· “Coded” lines will behave differently based upon the code chosen
o Option Coded lines will be larger with darker font allowing the user to quickly find them on the screen.
o Kit codes turn red if there are no component lines immediately underneath them.
o Note and Internal Note fields will grey out all columns that cannot contain information
· Manufacturer specific menus are being phased out.
o Configurator tool will behave differently based upon how the manufacturer is set up. If the manufacturer has a website that has connectivity with OASIS, it launches the site and allows the user to configure the part, pull the part number into OASIS and check for any pricing available in the system. If users have set up configuration information for that manufacturer in OASIS, it will launch the OASIS configurator and allow the user to utilize that information.
o The “Get Stock Status” feature will check manufacturer availability across manufacturers (for those manufacturers that have connectivity)
· The way some fields appear and color code items has changed
o Colors on the screen are softer and a little easier on the eyes
o Every price field (Sell, Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3) starts out as empty rather than being filled with zeroes. Reference fields like Book, Base and OBase will have zeroes. The fields will not be colored yellow unless:
§ Entering a part number will turn all of the pricing fields on the screen yellow.
§ If your manufacturer is a resell manufacturer, the cost field will not turn yellow but the pricing will turn red
§ % Overage field will be yellow if it is not filled in regardless of whether the OBase price is filled in.
· The cutsheet button has been removed because it created issues when users were copying and pasting into OASIS. Users can access the can access the cutsheet function by right clicking on the part and selecting that option from the menu.
· We have simplified the dialog box that appears when a part that is not on the price list is typed into the quote. It now asks if the user wants to view price lookup. Users can still use the ESC button to exit the dialog box.
- When using options, choose what you want to see in the header totals. Click on the Quote number or base counts listing.
Select what types of Options you want to see included in the totals. The screenshot below shows the total of $322.00 includes both option and winning options.
Make the choice to only show options and the total correspondingly changes to show $122.00
Changes to the customer’s tab also affect the printing dialog boxes. Users will ONLY be able to add or change counts on the customers tab. Users will still be able to add direct customers (distributors) in the print dialog box. The screen itself works differently with new buttons to add/remove distributor and to add/remove contractor. Contractor counts are added by right clicking on the contractor entry and selecting the add counts option.
The matrix will also have its own button and the new matrix has been updated so that contractors who have a price different from the distributor because of contractor counts will be starred.
The Printing/Sharing screens have been updated. The print option screen is shown below.
The customer selection screen has also been updated. Users will no longer be able to add contractors or contractor counts on this screen. The will need to add those to the customers tab.
There have been changes to the process for sending RFQ’s and bringing in electronic responses. The parent child manufacturer relationship is more clearly shown and users can click on the parent brand to add all of the child brands on the same RFQ to the manufacturer. The parent manufacturer must be listed on the quote for this to work.
The resulting RFQ print will look like this.
Electronic RFQ responses have been upgraded
The new screen maintains the same data but has been streamlined. To see any differences between the part number sent up and the part number received hold your cursor over that field. The new screen adds the following new functionality:
· Compare the manufacturer’s quote to any customer pricing column in the OASIS quote
· Added the option to import pricing into the cost column
· Import Rep line only (for distributors)
· Append or merge the imported information into the quote as desired
· Pick which information to import into the OASIS quote.
OASIS users have the ability to transmit native OASIS files back and forth with other OASIS users.
· Manufacturer to Agent
· Agent to Agent
· Agent to Distributor
OASIS makes it incredibly easy to send that data which can be brought into their system, reducing rekeying and rekeying related errors.
Projects2 automatically creates an O2O file as a part of the Send Message for all distributors who have been set up to receive this functionality. This means that users no longer have to remember which customers have this connectivity and choose to share. It’s done automatically.
For more information, view the wikis on O2O setup.